NOTE:


† And then the Curse swept the Earth

quarta-feira, 7 de dezembro de 2011

Malachi

This self titled album from crusty doomsters Malachi is one of my favorites in the genre, although it's oldie it still is quite goodie. This crust tainted doom it's just wonderful and gives me an orgasm to my ears every time i revisit it. Malachi really emphasizes on the atmospheric part with constant chugs and little known presence of actual vocals. The interchanging female and male vocals is also a nice little twist to it all. Totally crushing riffs lead into noodley guitar solos, haunting crazy cello parts lead in and out of doomy interludes and breakdowns. The sound effects make me feel like i'm a little bit more eveil just for listening to this record. Just beautiful. Fans of any crust related sludge would get a kick out of this band, in case their not familiarized with the name Malachi. If you're a fan of Oroku, Fall Of Efrafa, Grayceon, what the fuck are you waiting to get this? They have a hand full of releases really worth checking out too. A must have indeed.

2 comentários:

  1. Hey! This is my band. It brought a tear to my eye seeing this this morning. Out of all of the music I have ever made I still think the album after this is the best thing I have ever been a part of. Thanks for posting this!
    Dathan
    Gamboa, Panama

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Not a problem Dathan, this is truly one of my favorite albums, who am i kidding? I love all of Malachi's releases. Thank you for bringing great music.

    ResponderEliminar